Beginning January 1, 2018, all licensees, administrators, or employees of a licensed child care facility, including child care centers and family child care homes will be required to take a training to recognize and report child abuse.
AB 1207 – California Child Care Workers: Mandated Reporter Training Update:
This Child Care Worker Training does satisfy the requirements of AB 1207
This program is self-paced and will provide an overview of the significant definitions, requirements and protections of the California Child Abuse & Neglect Reporting Act (CANRA). You will learn:
- What the law requires of you as a mandated reporter
- How to spot indicators of possible child abuse or neglect
- How to talk to children about suspected abuse
- How to make a report
- What happens after a report is filed
- Special issues related to child abuse reporting for child care providers
The Child Care module includes vignettes and is self-paced. At the conclusion of the training you will take a final test that requires an 80% or higher score to pass. Upon passing the test you will be e-mailed a Certificate of Completion.